Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snippets of the little snippet

snip·pet
(1) A bit, scrap, or morsel
(2) A small or mischievous person.

I get these little anecdotes of what happened during the day on a daily basis from your grandparents. Here are today's highlights...

Ah Mah: Ni de er zhi gan cai suar ba xi! (Your son was performing acrobatics just now)/ Me: Hahhaa...ta zhuo shi mo ba xi? (What acrobatics did he do?) ===>Apparently, you pushed the chair right up to the edge of the split level dining area and sat on it. Another 1/8 of an inch and the chair would have tumbled down the stairs with you on it.

Ah Gong: He kept asking me to bring him to the zoo today. I tell him "No car, cannot go". He tells me to "Walk!". I tell him "Too far away, cannot walk!", he points to his tricycle and asks me to use that...and he's very chok giat. (cheeky) There was an aeroplane in the sky and he said, "Bird!" I told him, "No, it's an aeroplane". He said, "No! Bird!" I said, "No, It's an aeroplane!" but he insisted, "NO, BIRD!" So ok, I said "Bird" and guess what your son said?... "No! Aeroplane!"

No comments: