Friday, January 05, 2007

Sketch


Sketched this yesterday. You moved around so much it's out of proportion. I haven't sketched in ages. My models used to sit still for 3 hours, not 3 seconds so this is as good as it can get. At one point, you produced a snot bubble and I added that to the picture. Showed it to you and you laughed! My silly happy boy. Brought you to the doctor again this morning. He can hear you wheezing through the stethoscope. Thankfully, it went away after one session on the nebulizer. *sigh*

6pm: Another trip to the doctor. This time can hear you wheezing without the stethoscope.....another round on the nebulizer. Night nurse ask ... "You came this morning? Here again?" Ok, so not usual for 2 nebs a day huh? Thankfully, you reacted well to the 2nd treatment. Can go home. *phew*

7pm: Having dinner at the coffeeshop. I'm coaxing the boy to eat some beehoon. Then boy suddenly kicks the table. The chair topples backwards... I try to catch, 2 hands already occupied, bowl in one hand, spoon in another. Boy lands on the floor while still sitting on the chair, head hitting the ground first. Beehoon lands on boy's face, bowl & spoon spins across the air onto the floor. Boy shocked. I'm shocked. For a moment, all is quiet. Then out came the screams. So very loud. The whole coffeeshop falls silent, making the screams even louder. I was so mad, all I wanted to do was to scold the boy silly and give him a big whack, nevermind if he's already hurt or not.

7:30pm: Iced boy's head all the way home. Spread one big dollop of Zam-Buk over the swelling which has gone down quite a bit after applying the ice.

9:30pm: Bedtime...The mummy explains to the boy how he fell and why he should listen to the mummy. All the mummy wants to do is to keep him safe. The boy squirms around the room and doesn't seem to want to listen. The mummy gets exasperated, pulls the boy over and says "Look at me!" The boy looks. Unwillingly. The mummy can tell that the boy is not comfortable. Decides not to lecture him anymore in that split second and asks him instead "You know I love you very much?" Boy nods and says "Yes". Ok, think enough is said for the day.

No comments: