Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

"Go. You have 16 minutes! I'd meet you at the Fullerton koi pond later". Your Papa left his phone at a friend's home. Mine had ran out of battery. He was reluctant but jumped out of the car with you near the Golden Shoe carpark. 6 minutes later at 2350hrs, I drove into the UOB plaza at Boat Quay alone. Couldn't find a parking lot so I abandoned the car along the side, got into the lift and made a dash for Marina Bay.

I hurried across Cavenagh bridge, through the underpass at Anderson bridge and was at Queen Elizabeth Walk when the fireworks went off. Not satisfied with the view, I trampled on some plants (apologies to the National Parks Board), climbed over the railings onto Anderson bridge and walked across it towards the old Merlion park to get a better view. Better.

After 8 short minutes, it was over. Was turning to cross the road to head towards Fullerton when I spotted you both. EH? What's the probability of that happening in a sea of 150,000 people you'd think?

I feel good about 2007 already.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to u & ur family :) .
PS: meet soon can? got something "back to sch"-ish for BY. :)

- Mel