Monday, April 23, 2007

Living in the real world

Was disconnected from the virtual world for a while - the courier man knocked at our door last week and I surrendered our modem, the last piece of hardware belonging to the my old employers, to him.

Felt a tat lost in the real world, without online capabilities, even if it is just being offline for a couple of days...

I couldn't access my emails;
I couldn't read my friends' blogs;
I couldn't send out my resumes;
I couldn't find information I needed with just a few clicks.

It was frustrating...

Same goes with my mobile phone. My new personal plan had no caller ID service. Called the service providers up to make a fuss. Realised that it's a chargeable service. $5/month. Right, I'm putting my ears back in service. Sorry eyes, you don't get the privilege of seeing who's calling anymore.

But hey, I'm back online! YEAH!
And my ears are still serviceable! YEAH YEAH!

No comments: