Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Rebranding

Walked into the office today to find 2 boxes of namecards, a packet of M&Ms Brand Milk Chocolate candies on our corporate colors, with our new logo on one side of it, a mousepad and a thermal mug. Not denying that it takes effort to do all this but I'd like to take a piss neverthelest ... the color of the logo on the namecard, chocolate, pad, mug don't match!

Also had this debate with the "HEAD". My point =>Brand names should never be used as nouns even when it is more grammatically correct to do so. Think escalator, rollerblade, photoshop etc etc... at least one can now be found in the dictionary and when it does, you loose the rights to it as a brand and/or trademark. Perhaps the company that I work for is leagues away from that but still???

Lastly, I burst out laughing at the "HEAD'S HEAD" presentation when I first saw our new ads. It's BAD. It's REALLY BAD.

Like I was telling CC during lunch at 'B Bakery' at Bussorah Street yesterday ....(Must digress. I had a Caesar's Salad there and it was really really good! Each leaf was evenly coated with dressing, with a generous spread of finely grated cheese & garlic, topped with my type of boiled egg - solid white with a soft and semi-runny yolk & a slice of freshly baked thick cut bread. $10) ....., my left brain is taxed to the max here in my job.... leaving my left atrophying from the lack of stimulus.

No comments: