Friday, May 25, 2007

Raffles Creamery

Bought 12 tubs of single scoops to go from this place today. These guys are ill-prepared for this kind of order. There are no special containers, no dry ice, no thermal bags and I had to wait and wait and wait for them to sort it out. After 20 minutes, they were "ready" and handed me 12 plastic tubs of ice-cream in 4 cake boxes split into 2 plastic bags.

All I could say was, "Are you sure they have not melted yet? Can they last another 20 minutes?" They looked at me, looked at the ice-cream, looked at me, looked at the ice-cream some more and then finally sat me down to wait for another 15 minutes with a complimentary scoop of cookies&cream while they refreeze the ice-cream in their kitchen.

Anyway, I did burn enough rubber to make it to the agency with stuff that still looked like ice-cream and the people I used to work with and care about got a yummy treat. They were happy and so was I.

The ice-cream is good, the range of flavours ( pina colada / singapore sling sorbet / kitkat ) excellent but I suspect the people working behind the counter are not bothered enough to care about maintaining its quality.

They should have turned away my order.

Conclusion: Eat but don't ever consider takeaways...

...unless like me today, you ask the husband, "Eh! how come the car not responding?" and the husband replies, "120 already. How much faster you want it to go???!?"

(doubleclick on the picture to see the full list of flavours)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Be carefull, admitting you are speeding here is still dangerous