Thursday, May 03, 2007

32 and alive

Yesterday, HE said, " I didn't prepare anything!" to ME.
ME says, " Prepare what?"

and then, it dawns on me... MY BIRTHDAY! HE DIDN'T PREPRARE ANYTHING FOR MY BIRTHDAY!

ME replies, "Aiyah, it's been 10 years and I'd be stupid to expect anything from you on my birthday! "

ME thinks HE simply cannot be taught new tricks!

Friends will ask, " Will HE get you presents?"
Last year, I think I said, "Better not expect anything, else will quarrel."
This year, I think I said, " I didn't marry him because he knows how to get me presents."
Next year, I think I'll say, " If I expect anything, we might as well get a divorce. "(Because that will mean I still don't know him well enough)

HE says, everyday is a day for celebration.

ME thinks, "Hey, I'm not getting presents everyday either!"

Anyway, I had a wonderful lunch with DD at the SSC today while HE tries to pretend HE might have arranged something for me during that time. Hahhaaa! Not taken in!

ME parents are coming over later. ME will have a nice dinner with them together with HE and the boy.

Cheers! Because I'm 32 and still kicking!

P.S. It has rained every year on this day since I was 7. It might have rained the 6 years before that but I'd never know. Anyway, it's raining today and this always brings me back to the day when I turned 7. I remember looking at the raindrops as it fell in our school courtyard, feeling the nice cool breeze on my cheeks and thinking how nice it is to have a birthday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... great lunch. I'll let you know when we can do the Steamed Pomfret thingy.

Happy Birthday! At least you got lunch today :-)

BTW, I've added you on my blogroll.

Carrie said...

Likewise...And the pressure is on, for both the cook and the fish! Let me know when yah? Cheers!~c

Anonymous said...

hi
happy belated birthday. did u get my sms? sent u a birthday greeting then.

Carrie said...

Hey! Thank you for the sms and thank you again for the greetings here. Yes, did get it. I must blame it on post-pregnesia if there's such a thing. Received your sms whilst driving. Meant to reply but after the car stopped, so did my memory functions! Terrible. Plus ageing didn't help at all! Hahhahah!