Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Grandmother

You throw yourself on the floor when things don't go your way. I asked Ah Mah what she thinks. Her response was...even if we wanted to squirm on the floor like that, we can't now. Hmm...how should I interprete such a cryptic response?

(a) She's equally frustrated.
(b) It's ok for you to do that.
(c) It's a phase you'd grow out of because no adults are seen sprawled on the floor in shopping centres when they don't get what they want.

I asked her if I did that when I was young. She said, "Of course!" and that I choked on the plum I was eating and ended up in hospital.

Hmm... I vaguely recall this. Not the bit when I was fussing...more of the bit when I choked and all hell broke lose. The neighbours were activated. I was flipped upsidedown. Someone was whacking me. I couldn't breathe. Then, a trip to the hospital. I was asked to lie down on this cold cold cold bed without my dress. Pictures of my insides were taken.

My father tells me he sped through all the red lights from Changi Airport to Marine Parade to get home.

My brother tells me he was in charge of stirring the potty to find out if the pit had come out.

No comments: