Friday, March 23, 2007

39.2

I'm grumpy. I'm really really grumpy because I really really can't deal with myself when you are sick. I woke up in the middle of last night dreaming that you're having a fever... only that I wasn't really dreaming. You were having a fever.

How?

You went to bed happy and well after we read "Green Light for the Little Red Train".

Can you get a fever from a hair cut? That's the only extraordinary thing we did yesterday.

And oh, it rained yesterday. Can you get a fever from the rain?

What about Charsiew rice? Can you get a fever from eating Charsiew rice?

Or school. Did anyone of your little friends smuggle a fever to school to share?

Tonight, you puked after I made you eat a spoonful of Neurofen. I tried to catch your vomit in my hands, thinking it was just the medication that was going to come out. Mistake. I couldn't move because my hands were full of your vomit so by the time you were done with vomiting, there was vomit on your mattress, vomit of my legs, vomit of my mattress, vomit on your shirt, vomit on the floor, vomit on the pillow. By the time I carried you to the toilet, there was a trail of V from the bed to the toilet, V on the sink, V in the shower, V on the walls.

Am I dreaming? Can all this be real?

Should I stop sending you to school? Or stop feeding you charsiew rice for dinner? Or stop giving you hair cuts? Or stop reading you that book... or just stop the heavens from ever raining again???!???

You know what? I'm just going to take the laundry out of the washing machine, put them in the dryer and go to bed.

Maybe I'm really just only dreaming!!!!

No comments: