Monday, January 05, 2009

The Tale of Despereaux

I didn't know there was a movie until I googled for a .jpg of the book cover today!

Anyway, read it if you can. It's really very very well written. It's meant to be a children's book - i.e for readers 9 and above ( to 33?). I bought it last Friday, to read to the kid. Really ambitious of me to introduce him to such a 'big' book, considering it's about an inch think, with only about a dozen or so pencil illustrations.

Honestly, I'm darn sick and tired of reading his picture books again and again, very few of which offer any depth other than a single faceted slice of humour, moral lesson or event; and so, for my own sake, I thought I'd try reading him this one. Only long after he had fallen asleep, I was still holding on to it... reading ... through to the very end.

Excellent stuff.

No comments: