Monday, January 05, 2009

Hello 2009!

Last year's resolution was:
(1) Consume less
(2) Save More; and
(3) Be happier...

On (1). Considering that I cannot recall spending on any big ticket items costing more than $1k, I did pretty well there, except that I put most of those small ticket items into my tum-tum, resulting in higher 'nett worth' ( by kilograms that is).

On (2). Made some bad bad bad investment calls. Again, considering that some billionaires lost some 70% of their nett worth (in billions that is), then I think I did better. A consolation.

On (3). Definitely much happier as a person. It was a challenging year but I'm grateful for all that happened. Hopefully, it's not that I'm adopting the Ah Q mentality but rather, that I am more able to live more often, in the present.

Like all greedy souls, I'd add on to the list. My 2009 resolution would be

(1) Consume less, lose some baggage.
(2) Save more, be wiser and more patient with investments.
(3) Be happier, everyday.

Cheers!

No comments: