Monday, April 21, 2008

Music

My dear boy,

You'd probably not remember this, or maybe you will.

During the last Satuday's violin lesson, your little friend's father blew up and threw her violin out of the school door. Not once but 3 times! (I'm not too sure but either the mother or the girl must have picked it up, only for it to be thrown out again)

You asked me, "Why? Why (XY)'s papa throw her violin away?" The only answer I had for you then was, "(XY)'s papa is very fierce. (XY) didn't play the violin properly so throw away lor!"

Later, I asked if you would want me to throw your violin away, you replied definitely, "No!".

Honestly, there are some days when I think of smashing it into bits and pieces. There's definitly more gratifaction from smashing it, and making sure the darn thing breaks badly, so bad there's no putting it back together so that I don't have to try so hard making you practice it properly.

But always (till now), I catch myself and go back to the core of why I put you in violin classes and then I breathe hard, relax and put your darn freaking violin back into it's case, for another battle tomorrow.

All things aside, all I wanted you to have is Music in your life.

Love you so much!

~XOXO~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the plan. Next up, give him saxophone lessons.

That way, you'd have taught him the way the world operates; sax and violins.

Having said that perhaps the father blew up because he honestly thought they were going for lessons in violence....

Food for thought.

M said...

Bad temper lor. Sigh, today I was so fed-up with Ath holding the toy golf clubs wrong, not as if I ever learnt it even... and not as if I want her to learn that. We were just playing in the room leh!

Just got pissed off that she couldn't "get it". Likewise with her music notes, haiz. No big deal but in the heat of the moment... F-R-U-S-T-R-A-T-I-O-N ahhhh!