Tuesday, April 15, 2008

15.04

Got my tax filed - when else but the very last possible day? And I noticed something on my Form IR8A - that 15th April was also the "Date of Cessation" of my employment with my previous company. IT'S BEEN A YEAR! Which also means that in another 6 weeks, it would be A FULL YEAR for me with this present company of mine. GOSH!

Had lunch today at Spizza with a colleague who had decided to leave the company. His last day is on Thursday. Friday, a plane will take him out of Singapore. He hasn't decided where this trip will take him yet. He might end up in Latin America, find employment in Europe or come back in Singapore if his money runs out.

In between savouring Isabella and licking Carmen, we discussed work, politics, marriage, life and one's ego (or rather just his!)

He asked me if I were to go back to when I was 26, would I choose again to get married then? I thought about it for a while... maybe 3 seconds and then told him I don't have any answers to that question.

I am really proud of myself, because with that 'answer', I realised I was at peace with being in the present.

I am now! I am here!

I am neither my Past nor my Future.

HIP HIP HURRAY!!!

No comments: