Thursday, October 29, 2009

Blessed

Somehow got embroiled in one of the things I hate most - EVENTS! It starts on Monday. But I'm feeling very blessed. 9 out of the 10 presentations have arrived in my inbox. The entertainment company managed to reach me - something which dropped off my long list of things to do and so we have that now. Phew! Am also working with an extremely reliable PLUS flexible events company for audio-visual support - used to work with the lady I am liasing with now, back when we were both in the ad agency ( the one that provided us with a 3ft desk space!). She knows my "kwan" and I know hers...so all's good. And then everything that pops up, somehow gets resolved... Speaker wants live voting? Got! Exactly enough sets for the number of delegates we have. Phew! Hit by a stomach bug and had to stay home for 2 days this week? There were people I could 'remote control' from home. Thank God for them! No door gift? Oh - somebody had extra company branded leather passport holders...and enough for me to help myself to! Blessed.

There's still many days and many things can still go wrong but come what may, I should still be thankful for whatever that has been showered on me.

It's been a difficult few weeks. Had to let go of two people in my team in Australia. Not something ever good to do but they made it easy for me. Bless them.

I bought a bottle of mineral water + a Snapple ( Mango Madness flavour) for myself this morning and remember feeling so blessed I can afford those things without even thinking.

Maybe this is the aftermath of not feeling so alive the past few days.

I'm all good now.

Thank you!

No comments: