Sunday, December 10, 2006

Polar Bears, Haircuts, Night shifts & Wagyu beef

Brought you to the zoo today. Alone. Which was a good idea because we move at our...your pace instead. We saw some stingrays, a otters, tigers, kois, polar bears, lamas, a tree full of gibbons, lots of flamingoes, some playful orangutans and 3 colorful parrots. The tigers were interesting to watch today. They were all very active - surprisingly active during such a hot and humid afternoon -and attracted quite a huge crowd to the pavilion.

Haircuts
Gave you a hair cut last Thursday. Fringe is a tat short this time round but I think I'm getting better at it. Been your hairdresser since birth. (",) Quite like the result I'm getting so I don't think I'd be bringing you to the barber shop anytime soon.

Night shifts
You've been sleeping through the night for the last couple of months. Say from 10pm to 7 or 8am in the morning. I thought that our night shifts has ended. I was dreaming. Two nights ago, you started waking me up. (Me only because your Papa is away) It goes like this... "BY wants to Shee Shee!!!" Tried hard to ignore you but the decibels climbs up twofolds with every repetition. By the 3rd rendition, I'm up! Half carrying you, half dragging myself to the toilet. When I try to put you back in your diapers. You protest and we fall asleep before it happens. 3 or 4 hours later, an encore! Somehow, I'd remember that you are not wearing diapers and bolt right up! Again, we'd stumble to the toilet together. This is really exhausting. *sigh*

Wagyu beef buffet
Had a 3-day training session at the Hilton last week. This also equates to 3 days of buffet lunches at Checkers Brasserie's and 6 teabreaks with all-you-can-drink coffee or tea. My nervous system is reeling from an overdose of caffeine. Anyway, on Thursday, they had a Wagyu beef themed buffet. It was the best! I have never ever eaten so many different kinds of beef dishes in one day in my entire life! The young lad at the carvery station was a bit "ngiow" with the cut but it was still good. I really like their beef consomme which tastes like essence of chicken - with beef. (arh-but-then?) Had 2 servings but will help myself to the entire pot the next time.

No comments: