Friday, December 26, 2008

Struck by same-ness.

Yesterday, we were at the beach. This has nothing to do with the title of this blog but I need to get this out before I get to that. That is, the beach in front of Marine Cove ( East Coast McDonald's), there's a barrage worth of new sand there. It's lovely! Except this loveliness was destroyed by RUBBISH! A plastic bag here, there, a sundae cap here, a broken plastic rake there, socks! burnt out sparklers, light sticks, wrappers of all sorts. I got really upset... because the sand was nice. Too nice to be destroyed by so much rubbish. Anyway, I went around to pick up whatever I could into the plastic bags I had. Managed to retrieve 2 filled bags worth of litter within a 50ft radius. The big one sat on our beach mat and watched me and my self-imposed CWO aka Corrective Work Order - relieved that I wasn't grumbling anymore about the s**t around us. Btw, whatever happened to CWOs for litterbugs? Judging by the amount of s**t on the beach, we will have no problems catching enough litterbugs to make our beach a sparkling tropical paradise year-round!

Right, back to this about same-ness. I like shopping. Rather, I used to like shopping. Now, I get bored before I even step into the store. NTUC, GIANT, COLD STORAGE, CARREFOUR, JASON'S, SHOP'N'SAVE, SHENG SIONG, PRIME SUPERMARKET, ALL SAME. METRO, ROBINSON, JOHN LITTLE, TANGS, ALL SAME! WISMA, VIVO, PARKWAY PARADE, TAMPINES MALL, RAFFLES CITY, TAKASHIMAYA, CENTERPOINT, SUNTEC, ALL SAME! Even in the hawker centre, what do you get? CHICKEN RICE, BAK-CHOR MEE, FISH SOUP, ZI-CHAR... BLAR BLAR BLAR.... ALL SAME! Japanese restaurant? SHASHIMI, COLD SOBA, UNAGI BENTO, TERIYAKI CHICKEN, TEMPURA, SUKIYAKI.... ALL SAME!

I'm bored. Which explains why I need to work or go for holidays. Otherwise, I get bored. So bored I become grumpy about everything, grumpy enough to try to clean up a public beach and bored enough to blame everyone else for causing my boredomitism.

No comments: