Thursday, December 11, 2008

School concert.

I thought he was a 'pencil' but he turned out to be a wooden clothes 'hanger'! So I kept looking and looking to see which pencil was him! Then we stared at the hanger standing to the left of the stage. He kinda looks like my kid, or a kid who looks like my kid. The big one was convinced he was the hanger. I wasn't 100% sure. It was upsetting. How could I not recognize my own kid? He came out again later as a monkey. The big one pointed him out to me. You know what? I was staring at another monkey thinking that monkey was mine! Very depressing. Later, when we were all home, the big one tried to read the ingredient list on the pack of gummy sweets that the boy received from his teacher. He tried, couldn't, then grumbled, "One cannot see far, one cannot see near!"

All in, we had a great evening. Totally memorable in every way.

No comments: