Saturday, December 27, 2008

Iron Lady Again?

A friend whom I've not seen since February this year gave me a buzz - she happened to read my grumpy post - and a lunch date was quickly arranged. We went to Bark Cafe (1000 Upper Changi Road North, Changi Chapel and Museum). Catching up was great. Somewhere inbetween the mid-section of their very delicious speciality chicken wing, my phone rang. It was my iron lady. She declared, "Tonight 6:30 I come ok." I was instantly confused. "Tonight? But you just came right?". She replied, "I come iron your clothes later. 6:30pm." Did I arranged for ironing today? "What day is it? You just came this week right? Today Monday?" Honestly, at this point, I didn't know what day of the week it was. She replied, "Today friday!" I paused to think... "Arh! Friday! didn't you come just on Monday? You came on Monday right? No. No need to come today!" I honestly don't have 6 hours worth of clothes to iron per week. She went, "No need?" and hang up. I looked at my friend in exasperation. She asked, "Is she the lady who kept your curtains?" I nodded.

No comments: