Thursday, December 04, 2008

Crèche Pooling

The boy goes to childcare in the morning and then to his grandparents' house for the rest of the day until one of his parents picks him up. Should this arrangement fail, as it did today, then I'm left holding the kid's hands.

So I worked from home in the morning, picked him up from childcare at noon, fed him a lunch special at Waraku and then tried to figure out how to punch in more time for the rest of the day with my hands full (of the boy).

Made a call on my mobile, hoping maybe my devious plan would work. It did.

Now, for the price of a family dinner, I'm holed up at a girlfriend's parent's place, hooked to my office via my HSDPA USB Modem... blogging! ( Well, for now)

Meantime, the boy is thundering back and forth her parent's living room with her daughter while her mother is preparing dinner for us all.

Crèche pooling is simply fantastic!

No comments: