Friday, August 01, 2008

Lunch @ $1.70

90 cents for the BeeHoon and 80 cents for coffee. This provided I remember to pack it before 11am. After 11am, the price of the BeeHoon shoots up to $4 a plate. I don't really care much for their lunch version, which has added 'leow' aka extra ingredients - a couple of shrimps, some strips of fishcake, maybe 3 or 4 slices of pork, shredded cabbage, not forgetting a mouthful or so of scrambled egg, and more oil.

The lady boss must have thought I wanted to save some money or something by always eating plain BeeHoon for lunch and so today, she asked me, "Don't want to add more ingredient arh?" (with a you are pitiful look) "Like that enough a not?" and piled more PLAIN BeeHoon into the styrofoam box.

I'm glad I can live simply... and hopefully life will be simple enough for me to do that and still be happy.

No comments: