Friday, August 15, 2008

Lesson

Been quite lax so obviously the boy couldn't understand when I decided to be firm with him on Wednesday evening. He dilly-dallied, played badly, dallied some more and came up with a million excuses as only he can. And then, for some obtuse reasons, I decided he needed to be shouted at so I tried that, and even made sure I bullied him into tears, refusing to give him any water when he wanted some and hoping maybe after all this torture, he'd turn into a better student.

I AM A NINCOMPOOP!

Last night, we changed tack. I sat with him to plan out what we were going to practice and how we were going to achieve that. What an amazing change! The boy knew what was to be expected, knew he agreed to it prior, could see it on paper, was allowed to strike each item off when he completed it and knew that the practice will end only when he has finished everything on the list.

LET THE NINCOMPOOP NOT FORGET THIS LESSON!

No comments: