Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chain Letters

I get really mad when people I know (note, not friends because once they send me one, they are no longer classified as "my friend" so yes, if you don't want to be my friend, go ahead, send me a chain letter!)

It usually starts off very nicely, with an inspirational story and ends with, if you don't send it to 10 people within the next 10 minutes, you will be cursed!

And because I usually don't send it to 10 people for the simple fact that I don't want these people to be cursed if they don't get to send it to the next 10 people and then the next 100, and then the next 1,000, and...., I simply get cursed for stopping it on its track.

Better still, going by 6 degrees of separation, I am very likely to receive the same thing twice, thrice and so, the curse I'm on gets doubled, tripled and so forth.

I'm already cursed for this lifetime and so is my dog (if i had one).

So, there is really no need to send me another one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

think you haven't been doing your yoga or meditation diligently.... find some way to de-stress ya?

I'm also cursed by the chain letters for refusing to pass it on, but I don't care. Sometimes I still forward the inspirational story, but will definitely delete the "curse" portion first.

Anonymous said...

And just for good measure. If you don't forward this link to 10 people before the Sun goes down on the yellow brick road....

http://eggsnchicks.blogspot.com/2008/01/chain-letters.html

Wait til you see what happens if you don't forward it.

Your friend for life (that's the curse).

DD

Unknown said...

I will send it back with the message, "Here you go, please find 10 more person to send it to else you will be cursed"...muahahaha