Friday, June 29, 2007

The end of 4 weeks.

Today marks the end of 4 weeks at my new job. I'm honestly surprised that it has been four weeks. It has not been an easy 4 weeks but the time just flew by so quickly and for better or worse, I can already see the whole month of July zipping by.

Amazing.

This, compared to the 6 weeks at home, in between jobs, which went by very. very. very. very. slowly.

I love the time spent at home, although on hindsight, I wasn't doing very well on the mundane end, getting overly flustered by housework and scolding both Big and Small for not aiming properly. Petty but true.

Part of me wants to be home with the Small. But when at home, I feel very ill-equipped for the role of a homemaker. So now that I'm working, I feel guilty about not being home, especially for times when the Small One tells me, over the phone earlier this week, "Mummy, I cry for you just now. "

He's really sweet and growing up quickly too. Just want to make sure I don't miss out on him while working.

It's always going to be this way right? Grass greener on the other side? Just wondering if there is a good balance and if there is, what it is.

Been thinking a bit about the future as well. What I aimed for, the targets I've set in my 20's have been more or less achieved, amazingly, through luck and/or hard work and I think I just need a greater sense of purpose for the rest of my 30's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

telling you, young lady... part time is the way to go... work a 3 day week. Lots of employers are open to that nowadays.

Carrie said...

Soon... soon. Must have the Big One back on the treadmill first.

Anonymous said...

I'm not seeing the connection as hard as I try... unless your treadmill is metaphorical.

Carrie said...

Ohh, I see. Thought you might already have picked this up in one of my earlier posts. Big One's employment at current mill ends 4th July.