Saturday, June 09, 2007

1st week @ work

Haven't been this busy in a while. Was running from one meeting to another the whole day today and missed out on 3 calls from home. Panicked when I saw it. Called back. My dad told me it was my son who called me.

What? He's two and a half and a bit more. He called me? Yah, he did. Apparently he asked Ah Gong for my number and punched them into the phone himself, which means he recognises the numbers and if you know my mobile number, you'd know that that's a lot of numbers to recognise. On the way home with the Big One, I told him I didn't answer my son's calls! He called 3 times and Mummy didn't answer any one of them! Quite horrible. So now I'm hoping that the next time he calls, I'd pick it up and also that he won't start to call me too often because I'm really really busy at work.

Work. There's just so much to pick up and the whole business is entirely a new species to me but everything so far has been interesting, exciting & engaging. I feel adequately challenged and my motivation level remains at a positively high level at this point.

Also, as an added plus, I'm located in a food paradise! Monday, I had Indonesian-Thai. Tuesday was Hock Lam Beef Noodles. Wednesday, Vietnamese with CC. Thursday, Italian with a colleague. Friday was a grab and go but the grabbed egg/mayo Panani I had on the go was really really yummy, nevermind if it was a chock full of cholesterol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talking about my phone numbers.. my Nokia died on me and I eventually got the phone back with some random numbers of whoever used my phone while it was being repaired but none of mine.

In short, I don't have yours anymore. Can you SMS me your biz card?

Ta.

DD

CheekyMonster's Mommy said...

Glad to see tt you've settled in nicely in yr new job :)

BY so cute! think he misses mommy so much :)

Em

Carrie said...

Thanks EM! I think so too... he asked me today again, "Mommy, where did you go?" I told him "Work" and he askes "WHY?" Wha-piang!