Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Total Darkness

Read somewhere that if you don't get 6 hours undisturbed sleep in total darkness, you start producing cancerous cells. Eh, I neither recall sleeping in total darkness nor getting through 6 hours of sleep without being disturbed for a long long long long time now. So how arh?

Which reminds me of my last trip. On the leg from Frankfurt back to Singapore, dead tired from not too much sleep in not too much darkness, I sat next to this University Professor from I forgot where. He had quite a heavy breath which, could be why he was interested in what he was doing - researching bacteria in the mouth! Hahahhaa!! Anyway, he was interested in bacteria that create antibodies to fight off other bacteria which means that these bacteria actually protect us from those other bacteria as well. Interesting. Now, does that mean that I shouldn't brush my teeth daily?

Talking about dental habits...recently attended a seminar hosted by one of top research companies and they had a pop quiz that goes like this:

" 70% of the population in this nation brush their teeth once a day "
(A) China
(B) America

Answer: (B)

I did my own quick research and it's TRUE. 34% of Americans have gone one to three days without brushing their teeth!

Currently, your dental habits are horrendous! You don't brush your teeth daily and if and when you do brush, you prefer brushing the sink, pouring away the water in the cup or drinking what you should have spat out.

No comments: