Thursday, February 15, 2007

Shifting Sands

Had a strange dream yesterday. It's strange because I'm no longer a student anymore but still getting these type of dreams?

>>>I'm sitting for an exam. Most likely my 'O'levels. Not prepared. Not surprisingly. Anyway, so I walk in, sit down and started solving the problems in the Math paper. Question No.2 - I couldn't see the numbers properly. They were tiny and had a lenticular effect - the numbers changes depending on which way you look at it. So can you imagine? Calculating the volume of an object with constantly changing variables? I raised my hand to ask the invigilator to help me out. Asked him if he could see the numbers. He comes back saying, "You lied!" I was so bewildered by his outburst. He pointed to this scribble I had on the top of the page and said that I already knew the numbers. I was like "If I already knew, why would I ask you?" To make things more difficult, everytime my hands so much as brush over what I've written, it falls away like dust into nothingless. So here I am trying your best to work my answers out but it just keeps falling apart and disappearing!

When I think about this dream now. I see it telling me that I have no control over what is happening in this one particular part of my life right now, regardless of how much effort I put in.

How do you achieve your goals when events in other theaters influence your ability to maintain any semblance of a plan?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still have dreams of me failing Math and Chinese tests. :/

- Mel