Wednesday, January 13, 2010

School update

We received another 3 photos of the boy from the teacher at the end of last week... one showing him displaying his art & craft, another showing him with a spoon and a scrunched-up face. The teacher's notes...  "Manage to snap a photo of him tasting lemon. Look at his expression :)"

Today, I was dragged into a photo-taking session with the boy whilst pushing the boy through their door.... I was hoping to shoot back out of the door when they told me to wait. Smiled for 2 photos. I asked, "Why? What are we taking these photos for?" They said they are preparing a welcome letter. ???!??? I forgot to ask... Welcome letter for who? Me? Why?

I'm a bit overwhelmed by all these photo-taking. How do you teach and snap photos at the same time? Why lose the opportunity to deepen the level of understanding by focussing on what is happening rather than taking the picture?

Pictures LIE! I work in advertising for god's sake! You choose the photos that tells those lies best...and what is the purpose of this photo? Hey, we conduct experiments *SNAP* in this premium school of ours, we let the kids be learn through experience *SNAP* and they are happy *SNAP*... he's eating well...*SNAP*... *SNAP*!!!!

A picture speaks a thousand words.. but I'd like to add that beyond the frames lies the whole truth.

Happy family photos on our walls? Hardly any. More often, we are just enjoying the moment and not posing for them.

No comments: