Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Real, True or Truth.

So how much of this blog content is real?

If I wrote: The boy played at the playground with 3 boys, all of whom was older than him and got kicked in the butt a couple of times by one of them.

... and ended there, it would be true. That really happened.

If I continued: And when he got kicked the 3rd time, I intervened, shouting at the boy, "Why did you kick him? Can you stop?"

... and ended there, it would be true too.

And then: The other boy replied, " He threw his shoe on my head! On purpose!" to which my boy confirmed, "Yes, on purpose!"

... it would also be true again.

All statements are true and real. But what is the truth?

What if we put this on a time frame, and started on a chronological order, then the story should begin like this: My boy thew his shoe at the other boy's head. In revenge, the boy kicked him in the butt a couple of times.... but it would be technically not be true, because the story only begun when I noticed he was being kicked.

And so we dice up time to find the truth?

But what is the truth we are looking for? The motivation for the action? Which one? The butt-kicker or the shoe-thrower?

Later, I asked the boy, "So why did you throw you shoe at the other boy?". His response was, "I don't know.. I just open my hands and let the shoe drop on his head."

A simple truth.

No comments: