Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Shooting star

The boy was up bright and cheery again.. at 1am. I decided to accompany him for a bit - at his favourite sleeping spot - which is a darn dangerous spot to be - but he has been sleeping there since forever. He sleeps on the window ledge / bay window in our room. It's about 7X2 ft or thereabouts. Definitely smaller than a single bed and no, it's not padded with anything soft but he likes to sleep there of all places. When his Ah Gong found out where he had been sleeping every night, he freaked out and added some bars to narrow the gaps in the window grills. Anyway, I squeezed myself  into his little spot and we talked for a bit.

It's quite an amazing space to be sleeping in I must say. You get the breeze plus the view is nice. And on this particularly cloudless night, there were so many starts to see! So I was telling him how people used to find their way home in the night by following the stars... and then I saw it, for the very first time in my life! A shooting star!!! A celestial firework !!! This singular streak of bright light in the dark put me in so much awe... it was so simple, yet so amazing to witness.

So thank you for waking me up at 1am and for sharing your little space under the sky with me. I made a little wish for you. They say wishes made on shooting stars always will come true. So just remember, it's been recorded.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This sounded so beautiful. Hope the wish u made for him come thru too!