Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bringing the bread home.

The boy was up bright and cheery this morning.

(There's nothing for breakfast!)

I asked if he could buy a loaf of bread from the vending machine downstairs.
   "By myself?"
"Yes."
   " OK!"
I gave three coins totalling $2.50. The boy dashed out of the house. By himself.

I watched him from our windows. Saw him run all the way to the machine, stay there 3 seconds, and run back! Without any bread! The security guard followed.

>>> Oh no! What did he do? Why is the security guard following him? Oh no! Is he a pedophile?!!?! Decided to go rescue my boy!

The lift was on the way up. I waited. Door opens and out spills the boy! He sees me, explains, " I NEED ONE TEN CENTS .... "

Couldn't understand his excitement. Told him the machine will give him the right change and he doesn't have to put in the exact amount. He nods and rushes into the lift again. I followed.... ( just in case). Boy runs for the machine again. By the time I got there, he was frowning. "CANNOT!" He says.

Arh... That loaf costs $3. You only have $2.50.

Eventually we settled for a $2.30 loaf of bread.

Later, he ate the stawberry danish bread I bought from the deli @ Pan Pacific Hotel last night.

Had totally forgotten we do have something for breakfast!

Good morning!

No comments: