Thursday, June 04, 2009

A secret ...

Before the age of maybe 14 or 15, I could do something which, in my friends' and their mother's eyes, was simply illogical.

This is what I could do - I could predict what scores they had before the results landed on their desks. So for example, I would say, "X, you scored 82 in your maths test and I scored 80."

I vividly remember that I had to collect my PSLE results a week later because my family was on holiday in New Zealand during the time the results were released. On the morning of the day the results were released, without seeing or hearing from anyone about how I did, I told my mother what I got.

Another incident. In my music school, I announced to the administrator what I got before walking in to the Principal's office to collect the results. "I passed! I got 117 and didn't get merit!", I remember saying. And similarly, I announced to the Principal when I met him, "I got 117. Right?". He was amused but I could tell he thought it purely a coincidence. Since it was confidential stuff, the administrator didn't know if I was right or wrong and so, I remember showing her the result slip before I left, saying to her, "See? I told you!"

One time, classmate of mine told her mother about it - and was asked to tell me that if ever should have this inspiration about 4D, that I should let her know immediately - you can guess now that I never did.

In each and every of those instances I made those 'predictions', I had no doubt that I would be right. I believed it totally. So to me, it wasn't really a prediction. It was just a fact.

Anyway, these numbers would come to me. I never had to think about it. Even if I did and thought about it, it would not appear. So for example, I couldn't tell myself to know what is my score for this test... it didn't work that way. It had to come to me and I just have to catch it.

It's only now that I finally understood clearly how this thing that I could do works. For it to become real, I had to have no doubt - and this is the reason why I lost it around the age of 15 or 16... I tried to make it happen (it didn't work this way as I've explained), and when it didn't, I started having doubts and when I started having doubts, I simply lost it.

When I say no doubt... it means that nothing in me - nothing in my entire being believed for even a moment that I would be wrong about it.

A personal mystery solved!

You can call me crazy now.

It's no longer a secret.

1 comment:

M said...

The Shichida Method has this thing about ESP and similar stuff... we had to do such exercises with the kid at an early age and persist in it (and believe in it). Otherwise it is "lost".