Friday, March 13, 2009

A gem...

I asked X, whom I happen to have hired and therefore worked with me, to explain something 'technical' to me... after 2 tries, I was still confused and told X so and X subsequently came up with this:

Give an example scenario.

Let's say for some human error, A and B were given the same IC number (they were not the same person.Purely strangers).

Both of them were not aware of that.

One day A went online to check his account. He found that no book were borrowed under his name.

He was very happy and decided that he would be going to the library later.

And B, coincidently, was already at the library borrowing books.

When A reached the library, to his confusion, he noticed that his books quota was already filled.

But he was not the one who those books.

Is that a good example?

Please let me know if you are stilll confused.


It made me laugh so hard!

And hours later, I realized I still don't get it but have decided to park it, for the gem of such a story spun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

err..what's the context? :p

Carrie said...

We sent out a mail to a bunch of people with a link on it. However, when someone clicks on it, it activates something within the site such that when the next person clicks on it - the original link we sent, it sends them to the page which the first person has 'created'. Honestly, I still don't get it.