Thursday, October 02, 2008

What do you do... if you are shouted at?

Question posed to me by my colleague. My instant answer, "I don't know. I have never been shouted at by anyone at work."

I suddenly recalled. I was shouted at before! By an Art Director way back in my career when I was working in an ad agency as a suit. Whenever he could, he will swear at me for chasing him for work he couldn't deliver on time. (Apparently, somebody told me he's a changed man now. Whatever.) So one day, after I sent him an email about his non-delivery, yet again, he charged up to my workstation and went," KNNCB... blar blar blar... !" I got really fed up, looked him in the eye, picked up my phone in slow mo and went, "One more word from you and I'm calling the police!" He must have seen I meant it, because he redirected his screams at the man seated behind me - my then-boss, "D**** P***! I want to see you now!" and stormed off.

I went back to my work.

I think the incident is still well remembered by my ex-colleagues.

Hilarious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember!! i was seating in front of DP and i know his head popped up (a bit like turtle) and he looked around, blurred and hurried away... ha ha and i was wondering what's happening??? got fight?

Carrie said...

I wished then there was ... it ended with a compromise. As in, a one-sided compromise!