Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Violin Fugue

Getting nowhere. Kinda hit the plateau right after we got him the darn expensive 1/10 violin. Now, it's just going downhill. Group lessons ended last Saturday and he's suppose to start having individual lessons. We're holding it off. Until ... I get him back on track.

It's an uphill task.

Read up all I could on articles about 'music practice for kids'. Seems like the key to it is 'routine practice'.

My mother threatened many times to break my piano up with an ax. It's far easier to break the violin up.

I pray I don't.

fugue Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
1. Music. a polyphonic composition based upon one, two, or more themes, which are enunciated by several voices or parts in turn, subjected to contrapuntal treatment, and gradually built up into a complex form having somewhat distinct divisions or stages of development and a marked climax at the end.
2.
Psychiatry. a period during which a person suffers from loss of memory, often begins a new life, and, upon recovery, remembers nothing of the amnesic phase.

Let us begin.

No comments: