Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An Illusion

Step back 2 or 3 metres from your screen - Who do you see?

Got this information from somewhere - maybe conversations with somebodies or maybe read it somewhere... anyway, I can't exactly recall how I got it in my head - the things we see are merely only light reflections. We don't actually 'see' the object, but rather, we see the light reflected off that object. Ask 3 people on a full moon day, to look at the moon and tell you how big the moon is, and depending on their vision, you will get 3 different answers... like, say, as big as a panadol, as big as my dinner plates, as big as my arse (kidding!) etc. So, alright, I had this bit of information in my head. So what? Well, 'seeing' this picture illusion appear in my email today quite disturbed me. Because, it really demonstrates how something the same can be 'seen' differently, even by me.

Which now explains how I could look fat in the mirror one day and alright the next I suppose... Hahhahaa!

1 comment:

M said...

K always says I'm nice from far, far from nice. :P