Friday, May 30, 2008

Overheard

While eating curry chicken noodles during lunch, I shared my table with some strangers and there was this middle-age guy, who was complaining to (i am assuming) his colleague that his daughter often only gets home past 1am in the morning. The dialogue went like this

Man (M) "My daughter doesn't come home till 1am! This is not good for a girl!"
Colleague (C): But she's an adult already right?
M: It's still no good for a girl to come home so late everyday.
C: How old is your daughter?
M: Well, everytime I threaten to lock her out, she comes home earlier but after a while, she goes back to coming home late
C: What does she do?
M: I don't know. All I know is she's at her computer all day and night.
C: BUT she's an adult right? How old is she?
M: She's 30 but it's really no good for a girl to come home so late.

.................???!????? I tried not to choke on the curry chicken bits in my mouth.

My my my, if your daughter is 30 and still coming home, it's not a good sign!

No comments: