Friday, October 05, 2007

Work

Was at Ocean building earlier. That place hasn't really changed much. I started my first job there as a 'Patents Executive' in 1997. Was paid a grand sum of $1,700/month. Well, it was good I found something. It was the year the currency crisis hit Asia plus with a Degree in Zoology, I couldn't afford to be choosy.

I still remember, the law firm I worked for was sticky about punctuality. We were issued with access cards which was really, just a disguise for a punch card. They knew if you walked in late and they knew if you took more than 1 hour for lunch and some form of disciplinary punishment will be meted out by the office manager if you broke the 'law'.

I suffocated in that environment and quit after 9 months.

Times have changed much since then. I'm a happy to work for however long it takes to finish the job. But don't ever tell me I have to start work on the dot at 8:30am every morning.

Am thankful to have a flexi-work arrangement with my current company. Am not tied to any location or hours. Perfect!

My parent's don't get it. So long as I am at home, they'll go, "Today no need to work arh?"

No comments: