Saturday, July 21, 2007

Free Flow

There's just so much so much to do, I pat myself on the back if anything gets done. Because what I do more and more is just stare at it and go into a zone where cranial activities of any form becomes suspended.

When I do emerge from that zone, I'd find that my inbox has once again been topped up. How's that? I sure didn't sign up for any free flow in my contract!

Friday, I accepted a 5am conference call thinking it was 5pm. By the time I found out, it was too late for it to be rescheduled... and so at 5am, I called in, tilted the laptop 90 degrees, put my head back on the pillow and fielded the call....all grumpy, tired and miserable since I worked till 1am the night before hitting the bed. 5am in Singapore, 9pm in Europe, 7am in Australia, 5pm in US !!! Eh, whatever happened to the 9 to 5 job?

But I've been happy this week because they let me hire one more person! My happily overworked family of 7 will soon grow to 8. And once proven that this 8th person is overworked as well, I'd get another 2. How wonderful!

*sigh*

No comments: