Wednesday, December 15, 2010

今天下雪了!

He wasn't too keen on leaving his pre-school in August to come here to Shanghai with me. He wanted to stay in Singapore till December.

I told him that there is Autumn, and Winter, and 4 seasons here in Shanghai. He wanted to know if it'd snow in Shanghai. I said, "Yes." ( I didn't think then that it would not) So he said, 'Ok. I want to eat snow."

Found out after we got here that snow rarely makes its appearance in Shanghai. *Oh s**t!*

And so, you can imagine how happy and thrilled I was when I found out this morning on the news that it was going to snow... and it did! I shot this photo at 3pm:


Spoke to the boy on the phone.... the first thing he said was, "今天下雪了 ". I asked him if he'd tasted it... and he said, almost shyly, "Yes, it's very nice."

I am grateful.
I managed not to lie.
Thank you.

No comments: