Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Boots

I shipped 2 pairs of boots here...13-year old Bally, adopted from Germany and 4-year old Ecco, rescued off a discounted rack in Finland. How these two survived that many years, I don't know. Anyway, the young one fared very badly. When I flexed her sole, it broke into many pieces. The older one was more pliant, but still suffered fractures. I told the Big One that my boots have fallen apart . I was looking for some sympathy, and consolation in the form of "go buy yourself new ones...." but his response was unexpected at the point it was delivered. "Go and have it repaired", he said. ***TWANG***

Sulkily, I did...and was surprised that the cobbler did a darn good job! So good, I have no excuse not to wear them a couple more years. Someday, I should be able to put them up on eBay and it'll go something like this:

For sale: "VINTAGE BALLY BOOTS - with Hujian-branded sole!"

(".)

No comments: