Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Eraser & Ruler & Scratches

2 days ago (Sunday was official work/school day here in China) the boy told us that one of his classmate threw his eraser away. Right! In one breath, I told him I'd buy him a replacement, that I won't buy him one, that he should get his classmate to buy him one since his classmate was the one who threw away his eraser and therefore the culprit should be the one responsible for his loss, not me.

Yesterday, he told me his ruler disappeared from his desk. I asked if he knew who took it? He didn't. Thieves! Right ok... these kids are babies in Primary school. Fine! Told him that if he borrowed something and didn't return, that that would be labelled as 'stealing'. He nodded. Told him that if he saw his ruler, that he shouldn't assume that his classmate had stolen it. That it was not uncommon for people to own similar stuff... and that he should label his things henceforth with his name so that there's no two ways about it.

And a couple of minutes ago, his form teacher called... there has been a scuffle between him and another classmate. My boy is coming home with 2 scratches on his face. She had investigated the incident and found my son to be not at fault.

I wonder what I'd say later....***calm down***

No comments: