Sunday, November 02, 2008

Chance II

My dad rescued a few of those lottery tickets I bought... matched them and came back to announce my luck, "Lousy lar! At most 2 numbers and not even in the same row!" and then, he advises wisely, "Why don't you buy, then go to the counter and pick the numbers that are not on your ticket?" ... "and if you don't pick 40 onwards, that's 12 numbers less, more chance!"

Flashback... as a kid, he brings me to a betting counter in Siglap - numbers are handwritten on slips of cheap and thin light-brown colored paper with boxes printed on them. I pull down his hand while he's writing and insist that he writes down the 4 digits I have in my head, he says something like, "Hiyah! Stop, don't give me any more numbers! Waste money, all you numbers never open one!"

Hilarious! I guess some luck never changes.

Chance I here

No comments: