Thursday, February 28, 2008

How did you get to where you are today?

This is such a great question!

I think I always had a plan on where I want to be in the future. But never until today have I really thought about where I am now and how I got here.

At some point last year, I was exactly where I wanted to be and I got there because I knew where I wanted to go and therefore, the decisions I took resulted in me arriving there. Make sense?

Now, having gotten there, I found myself in a 'standstill' because where do you go from that point since you have already arrived?

And the bad thing was being in a 'standstill' disturbed me very much because I was so used to moving.

The worse thing was, I started to blame other people for me being in a 'standstill' - that I couldn't plan for new directions because of them.

With this simple question, I suddenly saw the truth. Really, I was frightened of my new goals (simply just new trouble which I create for myself - I know!) and insead of moving on with it, I chose to sit still and blame everyone else for me not getting off my butt!

So, there! It's time to stop staying where I am.

No comments: