Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Between dusk and dawn

It's been a tough few days. Between dusk and dawn last night, I heard the small one cry. Think he must have been having a nightmare. He asked for milk and I made him some. That helped. I told him the floor was too hard for me and asked if he would sleep on the mattress. He told me, "No, I will sweat." So, we slept on the floor. Don't know how much time I took between waking up and opening my eyes but I knew the boy was already awake and was playing nearby - something which he rarely does quietly or alone. The moment I opened my eyes, he burst into a big bright smile and asked, "Mummy, bake me a sandwich please!"

I couldn't help but smile. Life is good.

*I made him an open faced sandwich toast - fresh tomatoes, virginia ham & mozzarella cheese on light rye bread yesterday. He must have loved it.

No comments: