Tuesday, May 23, 2006

hello

Hey, had this conversation with your Papa a couple of days ago... I asked him if he remembered the first word he said to you on the day you were born...and he looked at me blankly. Hahhaha. I really don't think I expect an answer...it was more of a poser, so that your Papa can question me back and I'd have a answer!!!

So, what was my answer? It was the world's most commonplace greeting. It was, "hello". A very gentle one with no exclamation, no caps.

What's my point huh? I think the significance of that is that at your arrival, I've already recognised you as an individual and not something that I possess.

I do not, for example say... "I love you!" because that would have been pretty empty. Not untrue but it sounds silly when all you had was hours of labour pain and massive discomfort the weeks before leading up to the BIG day... so saying that must be a reassurance of sorts to only yourself. Like the poser earlier, "l love you" would probably demand a "I love you too!" in return. Hmmm....not likely since all the little purple person can do at that point is wail as loud as he can to fill those lungs of his with air.

Neither did I say..."You're so beautiful!" because I knew already quite early on that you are a boy... nor " Don't be naughty okay!" because that'll be a threat..and that's not very welcoming don't you think?

So, "hello" there dear little fellow. You are already allowed to become you before you even knew how to say "Don't want!".

CHEERS!

No comments: