Monday, May 16, 2005

EEeeiuuu...Bommng

"AhhhhhHHhhh..." (eeiiUUuu...Boormg) "AhhHHHhhh.." again and again and again...X 35 times or so.

You were pulling yourself up against the side of the headboard on mummy's bed. Once upright, you will release one hand so that you can turn around to face me. Then, with just the other hand left on the top of the headboard - all this while wobbling side to side unsteadily - you would flash that single-tooth grin of yours at me and lift the supporting hand off. With two hands outstretched, you will then reach out to me, maybe hoping that i'd catch you, or maybe not. I would make a big show out of avoiding you and then you would fall, knees, chest, elbows and palms, sometimes face as well, on to the mattress. I screamed "AhhahhHHH" everytime you did that and after about 4 or 5 times, you started screaming "AhhhhHHHHHH" as well.

This is hilarious! My baby has learnt how to engage me in his play by first intimidating me with his brave but reckless body slams and then subsequently, by imitating my reaction to it.

Your dad and I laughed so much.

Oh dear...we will soon have to call you "Boy Boy" instead. The baby we brought back home less than nine months ago is definitely not so baby anymore.

No comments: