Tuesday, August 02, 2011

August

Flew back to Shanghai last week. Alone.
They come back here at the end of August.

Meanwhile, I hear the cicadas for the first time. From whence they come I don't know but they are making a huge din day in and day out, from morning to night. I imagine they are simply sizzling in the summer heat on wu-tong treetops and complaining as loudly as they can but no, apparently, it's a love song.

I have been reading and finished 
Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
Wallpaper Magazine August Issue
I am fifteen and I do not want to die by Christine Arnothy
... and about to start on
A very short history of the world by Geoffrey Blainey

I've also watched a couple of movies, caught a cold and recovered sans medication, went for a session of yoga, visited Tanzifang at Taikang Lu and started clearing out 11 months of living excesses from the apartment.

Another 4 weeks.

No comments: