Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Last week

DOOR

Broke the door to our home last week. The small one and his Grandmother were uncontactable for 3 hours. When I got home, all was dark and the door was latched from the inside. I shouted for them, banged the door, ... nothing. So I crashed through, and that caught the attention of the Grandma, who walked out of the bedroom in a daze. They were sleeping. She saw the door and exclaimed, "WHY DID YOU BREAK THE DOOR?!? HOW DID YOU BREAK IT?" I was too exhausted from all my excitement to give her a logical response. Was simply just happy she was fine, they were fine.

We slept through that night with a broken main door. Piled all the dining chairs we had behing that door and locked ourselves in the bedroom. Got the handyman to come look at it the next morning. He shook his head when he saw it, and recommended we get the property management guys to come take a look at it instead. I didn't want to deal with those guys (long story) ... so I tried DIY. Managed to 'repair' it by removing the broken hinge. Door can close now.
WHY DID I BREAK THE DOOR? HOW DID I BREAK IT?

VIOLIN

Upgraded the boy's violin. 3 were offered to him. He had to pick and insist on this one. It's now on loan to us for an obscene amount. I don't allow him to carry it himself (except when he's practising of course) and I don't even dare walk too fast when carrying it. We call it his "Lao Lao Ye Ye".

FIRECRACKERS

It's legal in China over Chinese New Year. The boy played with a bunch of them. It was fun watching him. Reminds me of those old chinese painting protraying kids playing with firecrackers. His posture is exactly the same. I'd try to sketch that this weekend and post it here.

BACK TO SCHOOL

A new set of books!
The chinese one is jaw-dropping!
Again I enjoyed looking through his art &craft textbook. Nice!
He also has a new foreign-English teacher.  Maybe this one won't allow him to pass up blank papers.

No comments: