Monday, September 07, 2009

24-herb tea

I have on my desk, a bottle of "Tea of twenty-four herbs". Walked past a Chinese medical hall earlier and decided to buy some 'cooling' tea to douse away the headache I have. The nice lady told me, this is the best! Turns out the best is the most bitter tasting tea I've ever had in my life!

Apparently, it's the mother of all bitter teas and is "the ideal tea to drink during the flu season, enrich vital energy, clean away internal heat, eliminate dampness and heat, strengthen the body and improves general resistance".

Also "soothes cold and cough, fever, headache ( yay!), eruptive diseases ( what could these be? chicken pox?) tiredness, infantile summer fever ( infant or infantile?), pathogenic dryness and heat in combination, and constipation, promote the production of body fluid to quench thirst ( hahhahaha!) , halitosis ( found out this means bad breath) , anorexia, abdominal dissension, fidget ( another big laugh!), lack of physical strength, dizziness, pimples & acne. "

Well, if you are wondering about the efficacy, I've finished half the bottle and the headache seems to have subsided.

No comments: