Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chocolate discussion

me: Can you give papa the card?
small: No. I give him after we get the cake.
*pause*
small: What kind of cake are we getting?
me: I don't know. Why don't you ask Papa what kind of cake he wants?
small: Papa, what cake do you want?
big: What cake should I get?
small: You get the chocolate cake ok?
big: Ok
small: Nah!I give you the card!

Was he holding the card hostage so that he could 'exchange' it for the cake he wants?

small: Is it my birthday?
me: No, it's not your birthday. It's Papa's birthday. You are only 4 and a half.
small: So I need a half candle?
???

Later, while eating ice-cream with brownies at Haagen Dazs...

me: (to small) Eh! Remember. Papa's birthday, we eat brownies. [there's a long story behind brownies...but I'd tell that another day] Mummy's birthday, we eat black forest cake. Your birthday?...
Small: CHOCOLATE CAKE!

There, life is fair!

1 comment:

CheekyMonster's Mommy said...

*LOL* the half a candle thingie really cracked me up. Ingenious!!